Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday Night's Alright

I spent Saturday night with my 3 best friends. Overnight. The first overnight trip since before I gave birth. That is 14 months to be specific. I thought I would have the best night's sleep imaginable... I slept the worst I have in years. Felt like I was laying there wide awake waiting for sleep to come even though I was soooo tired. I guess I missed the guys.

Regardless. There is something about sitting around with the girls that know you best. Laughing, looking through magazines, snacking, laughing some more.. that makes you feel human again and not just like a Mama. Perhaps its because these people knew you when you had braces, were getting over a (many) broken heart(s), were obsessed with Nintendo, snuck out at night, learning how to drive, figuring out your way through college, caught up in live music.....

I came home a better Mama. And Jack , for the first time ever, gave me an official, very long hug when he saw me.

No comments: