Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday, Monday

Normally on Mondays I try not to plan anything. I think of it as the day to slowly transition to being Mommy by myself again . However, since the sun was shining today and it was going to be over 40 degrees - I decided to meet up at the park with a friend and her son. Jack wasn't very into it at first. Not wanting to be put down and, swings - he gave a big fat "No" too. However, I reminded myself not to push him (or compare him) and we sat together with a shovel and played in the sand. We watched the other kids, climb, slide, run. Jack slowly began to get more comfortable - we then sat on a bench for alittle - him beside me like a big boy. After a little while he got down and held on to the bench, practicing his standing. Even deliberately letting go and balancing. Very proudly. Before I knew it- he was walking on his knees (his latest way to get around) ... right over to a playset a little ways away. It was then that he became very busy, holding on to things , pulling himself up and walking around. A smile the whole time. I always think he is just like Jason but these are the days I see alot of myself in him.

No comments: